Look, Mummy! (A pretzel in the potty).

Earlier this summer while Spectrummy Daddy was in Afghanistan I begged requested that Grandma came to keep my sanity visit.  During that time we made Pudding this dress, with matching headband and dress for Sleeping Beauty.  It is not twee if you’re three!  It isn’t.  Shut up!

Today she put that dress on.  I couldn’t find her headband, so I left her to get dressed while I did the same for Cubby.  She managed to find it and called:

Look, Mummy!

I hurried to get there.  This whole “Look, Mummy!” thing is new to us.  One of her IEP goals is to use appropriate ways to gain an adult’s attention.  I love it.  I get to my bedroom and find her preening in front of the mirror.

Look, Mummy, I’m beautiful.

Can’t argue with that one.  Earlier in the week, though, she had done the same thing.  She appropriately engaged my interest, but it wasn’t such an appropriate sight that greeted me:

Look, Mummy!

I found her in the bathroom.  She’d just used the toilet.  I’m not going to talk numbers here, but it wasn’t pretty in there.

Look, Mummy, it’s a pretzel!  I did a pretzel in the potty!

I know, disgusting, I’m sorry.  Just felt like a little toilet humour after this [insert profanity] week!

About these ads

September 17, 2010 at 12:17 pm

1. LOVE the dress and headband!!! And the “Look Mummy” too!!! Congrats!

September 17, 2010 at 12:52 pm

2. First of all, she is beautiful!

Secondly, that is hilarious and exactly the laugh I needed this Friday afternoon.

autismisnot

September 17, 2010 at 1:01 pm

3. Aww, sweet picture!

Jen

September 17, 2010 at 4:59 pm

4. Pudding looks like she ate some extra sweet and cute somewhere along the way! A gorgeous picture :) And the pretzel reference was hilarious, thanks for the laughs!

dq74

September 17, 2010 at 7:33 pm

5. Pudding you are so adorable….pretzel in the potty, just too funny. Love it. X :)

alienhippy

September 17, 2010 at 10:43 pm

6. I missed this post!
    LOVE IT!

September 21, 2010 at 7:23 am

7. [...] It has been a normal year.  My kids who previously seemed to be only children started to discover a relationship with each other, and now show affection to each other.  There was the odd bit of toilet humour. [...]