Comments

I love to hear what you think!

Please feel free to leave a comment with your thoughts.  Just a note though- all comments will be moderated.  If you have something offensive to say, here is not the place to put it.  If something causes you offense, please let me know.  The autism community is home to widely-differing opinions on certain issues- please be respectful about that.  Remember, I’m only writing about my experiences raising children on the spectrum, I do not wish to, nor could I express anybody else’s story.  Our lives are as unique as our children.  I respect all our unique perspectives.

One last thing- if you know our family in real life, please don’t post our names,  We are publicly anonymous!

July 27, 2010 at 9:13 am

1. I stumbled across your site today and LOVE IT!! My son was diagnosed a couple weeks ago with autism. We have known for quite a while that something was just not quite right and now we know what. Now, it is just getting him the help that he needs.

Anonymous

July 27, 2010 at 2:25 pm

• Welcome to the club! I can honestly say I know what you are going through. Good luck with your son. Let me know if you have any questions. Take care of yourself, and everything else will start to click.

spectrummymummy

July 27, 2010 at 2:41 pm

2. Hello there,
    I followed a link Fi out on her blog Welcome to the Madhouse. I loved your post about proprioception. I have a blog, too, about our family’s autism adventures, I have Pinky, who is just over 8 and a half and Perky who was 6 in April. Perky has a diagnosis of autistic disorder, and Pinky is as yet without formal diagnosis as we are just under way with finding out if he meets a formal diagnosis of Aspergers. We have perpetual motion in our house, too. Once I understood more about the brain and things like proprioception it made sense and I could let some of that go – it was frustrating especially at meal times. I really enjoy your writing style, I intend to work my way through your archives.
    I am Australian, with an English husband, so we are a little bit global, too.
    Thanks!

DQ

August 13, 2010 at 7:35 pm

• Hello! I love the name of your blog, I know exactly what you mean by that. Thank you for stopping by- I look forward to reading more of your posts.

spectrummymummy

August 14, 2010 at 3:53 pm

3. Not sure where else to leave this. I wanted to tell you how flattered I am that you put my blog in your blogroll. It’s such a compliment. In my Aspieness, I feel the need to clear up some confusion. My web address is lifewithasperger ,but the title of my blog is actually Life In the House That Asperger Built. I wouldn’t have said anything at all, except there’s another blogger who’s blog address is something else, but the title of his blog is Life With Asperger. So you see where the confusion might be.

I hope this isn’t a social faux pas on my part. I REALLY like your stories about Pudding. :-) It’s a great blog you have here. I’ve put you on my blogroll too. :-)

See you ’round cyberspace.

September 4, 2010 at 4:50 pm

• Oops- sorry! I’ve fixed it now. I’m just lazy using the title from the URL. I can see how that would be confusing, in fact- I think I’ve visited that blog too.

All better.

spectrummymummy

September 4, 2010 at 4:59 pm

4. Hello Spectrummmmommy. I am in a similar situation in that I find myself overseas and potentially in a diplomatic existance in the future. I would love to exchange idea, etc. related to unique challenges of SPD while overseas, moving often, etc. Please contact me.

Juile Ide

May 2, 2011 at 8:48 am

5. Hi Hi…My husband has just been hired with the State Department and starts classes soon. I have a 3 year old toddler with Autism (low level). I was wondering how you started your research for finding therapy at various posts. Was the med unit at all helpful? – Warmest Regards, Andria

Andria Wainscott

September 5, 2011 at 5:18 am

• Andria, I’ve sent you an email with a more detailed response. Hopefully that will help you.

September 6, 2011 at 4:17 am

6. Hi There. My name is Jim and I just wanted to say that you have a great website. My son has Asperger’s and I love reading about families from other countries who are going through some of the same things we are. I can’t wait to read your next posting. Have a happy holiday.

Jim Reeve

December 23, 2011 at 5:57 pm

7. Hi there, I nominated you for the Sunshine Award. Check it out at tvglgw.wordpress.com titled Sunshine! I had chosen you – and your sight- before I read your most recent post. I truly hope that this brings a little sunshine into your difficult month. Lord knows you deserve it! You have brought lots of sunshine for me through your blog!

T

tvglgw

March 27, 2012 at 3:50 pm

8. Too Beautiful! Blessings to all of you too. And thank you for sharing so much with all of us. It enriches our lives! x x x

Anna Atkins

December 25, 2012 at 12:31 pm

9. Hi. I read the account where you sent your daughter’s doll to the doll hospital to be repaired. Would you please send me the details of the doll hospital? I have an old doll in need of repairs. Thanks Chrystal

Chrystal Horsman

December 31, 2012 at 6:55 am

• Hi, this was an American Girl doll, and they have their own ‘hospital’, but I think they only accept their own brand of dolls. Sorry!

January 7, 2013 at 4:23 pm

10. hi,,

you are a lucky mummy as you got two naught bubbly kids,i love the way he talks.i thnk most of the children got these story telling habbit to strangers.even my niece sera did the same when we where in austria.

zabby