Wordless Wednesday 03 Nov 10

A Yorkshire Pudding, or how my daughter got her nickname.

Happy Wordless Wednesday everyone, particularly the homesick.

November 3, 2010 at 5:59 am

Posted in wordless wednesday

Tagged with

1. Awwww, I have a friend from Yorkshire and she makes me the BEST puddings!
    I’d never even heard of them before meeting her.

Sending you big hugs from down under to ease the pain of homesickness x

November 3, 2010 at 6:05 am

• People from Yorkshire (like myself) make the best ones, but don’t tell my mum I said that. Less than a month until I see my parents- I can’t wait! Thanks for the hugs! 🙂

November 3, 2010 at 6:24 am

2. I’ve never seen a Yorkshire pudding before. It looks yummy!

3. Awww, I’m sad that you’re homesick I will make some Yorkshire Puds tonight and think of you.
    I ain’t got any Roast Beef though, so we will have to have them with Chicken.
    My *AJ loves them with a bit of Jam. Have you tried that? It’s actually quite nice.
    Sending {{{{Big Hugs}}}} from England. X

alienhippy

November 3, 2010 at 6:55 am

• Lots of people do the jam or sugar thing, but I just couldn’t bring myself. Has to be eaten with gravy or Henderson’s Relish for me.

November 3, 2010 at 8:01 am

4. I’ve been wanting my Foodie husband to make a Yorkshire pudding! It looks amazing! 🙂 Happy WW!

Jen

November 3, 2010 at 6:56 am

5. Now we need a photo of a Yorkshire pudding in a person’s bowl. I am still curious what it looks like when eaten.

Here’s my WW:

debnance at readerbuzz

November 3, 2010 at 6:57 am

6. Wow, That looks great.

Yogi

November 3, 2010 at 7:10 am

7. {{{hugs}}} Sorry you’re homesick. For those of us Yanks, can you tell me what’s in a Yorkshire pudding? I’ve always wondered. 🙂

November 3, 2010 at 7:46 am

• It comes and goes, the homesickness. Usually during periods of stress or transition. I’ll be okay, but I’ll take the hug. I’d never turn down an Aspie hug. 🙂 Just flour, eggs, milk and salt. So everything our Pudding is allergic to. The irony. I have a friend who nicknamed her son peanut, and guess what he is very allergic to? I might have to keep the little guy away from koala cubs!

November 3, 2010 at 7:52 am

• Sounds yummy but that is ironic. 🙂

November 3, 2010 at 7:53 am

8. At school we used to have them for dessert with Golden Syrup – delicious!
    Would like to try with Maple syrup!(Hint)
    Looking forward to seeing you all.

Bob

November 3, 2010 at 8:45 am

9. That looks so yummy!

PippaD

November 3, 2010 at 9:35 am

10. who would have thought that Yorkshire Pudding would have made me cry? 🙂

November 3, 2010 at 10:12 am

• Oh no, no no, that wasn’t my intent at all! Yorkshire Puddings are the ultimate comfort food (for me).

November 3, 2010 at 10:55 am

• ah, I get it. It was the homesickness that made me sad. but now I feel better 🙂

November 4, 2010 at 11:14 am

11. It looks fantastic! You are giving me a craving!

Carol

November 3, 2010 at 1:12 pm

12. (((warm hugs))) for the homesick. It does look tasty, tho I have never tasted it. I have a terrible sweet tooth, so i would probably like the sweet version 😉 BTW, hope this makes you smile, you were a lucky Wizard last week on my place! you get to claim the coveted Wednesday Wizards badge to display on your blog, or where-ever 🙂 stop over to see the whole photo the clue was from & take a guess at this weeks as well. (extra hugs for fun) ~Faythe @GMT

GrammyMouseTails