You know it is going to be a good day when….

Earlier this week, in my usual miserable morning mood, I almost invented a very bad game, along the lines of, “you know it is going to be a bad day when…”  Like many terrible ideas though, it turns out the exact opposite is pretty good.  Tell me in the comments how you know it is going to be a good day.

I’ll start you off:

You know it is going to be a good day when….

Spectrummy Daddy brought me a perfect cup of tea as ordained in our spoken contract of marriage, even though he is exhausted from not spending the night in his own bed.  And today he did not accidentally put vanilla soy milk in it, so I could actually drink it.

Pudding walked up the stairs on the school bus with alternating feet, and then put on her seat belt all by herself.

Cubby ate all his yoghurt before calling for Elmo.  He used a spoon for some of that.

Cubby asked for a piece of Pudding’s cereal, and she gave it to him without my having to repeat the request.

Of course, there could have been some things that fell in my previous category, but today I’m going to focus on it being a good day.  I might just be right about it.

Now, in the comments, tell me all about you good day….

November 18, 2010 at 8:44 am

1. I know it is going to be a good day when : the first two blog posts I read make me smile: this one and Jen’s good cancer news 🙂

Becky

November 18, 2010 at 9:37 am

2. ou know it’s going to be a good day when your husband volunteers to stay home with 2yr old while you drive 4 yr old to preschool, so you don’t have to drag the 2 yr old into the school kicking and screaming because your 4yr old announces in the car that he needs to use the toilet immediately.

November 18, 2010 at 9:47 am

3. I know it’s going to be a good day when…
    I wake up smiling and not knowing why.
    My kids organise themselves without me constantly telling them the time and hurrying them along.
    *CAL manages to wash and dress herself, without me helping.
    *AJ only spends 5 minutes at the mirror doing his morning rituals, before going to college.
    My kids are functioning and I don’t have to worry.
    I loved this post, thank you.
    Lisa. xx 🙂

alienhippy

November 18, 2010 at 12:22 pm

• “My kids are functioning and I don’t have to worry”, that isn’t just a good day, that is a great day, my friend. 🙂

November 18, 2010 at 2:16 pm

• You know when they are 17 and 10 years of age you just don’t think anymore about all the things you have been doing for so long. Then occasionally I have a day when *AJ’s obsessions don’t seem so obvious, his routines and lectures are just different somehow. Or *CAL will get up wash and dress herself without me having to prompt her. Or find herself something to do and not sit daydreaming and rocking waiting to be told. It’s kind of weird really because it sort of throws me, because their ways are now my routine. It can take me a few hours to filter it myself, and realise that the thing that seems missing is actually ok. I have really enjoy your post, and this has really helped me to learn something about myself. Thank you.
        Love and hugs. xx 🙂

alienhippy

November 18, 2010 at 3:01 pm

4. I know its going to be a good day when I wake up and remember there Krispy Kreme Donuts in the kitchen for breakfast.

bigdaddyautism

November 18, 2010 at 12:43 pm

• I think said donuts would have kept me from sleeping with their siren call in the middle of the night. 🙂

November 18, 2010 at 2:17 pm

• said donuts would not have lasted before bedtime. said donuts would have been ingested while children were sleeping. and that makes for a good night 🙂

November 18, 2010 at 2:40 pm

5. I know it’s going to be a good day when I walk out into the kitchen at 6:30 am and Harley is sitting at the table eating breakfast, fully dressed for school and practising his sight words with his Daddy!

I know it’s going to be a good day when I remember that it’s Friday and my baby is off to pre-school giving me a child free day! YAY!!

November 18, 2010 at 2:39 pm

• Woo-hoo for Harley, and for you too! Have a great day Fi, you completely deserve it. 🙂

November 18, 2010 at 2:42 pm

6. Mmmmm donuts…..*drools*

November 18, 2010 at 2:49 pm

7. I know it’s gonna be a good day when we wake up without an alarm and commence morning snuggle and tickle fights. 🙂

November 18, 2010 at 2:57 pm

• We don’t need an alarm clock in this house. We do have morning snuggles though. 🙂

November 18, 2010 at 3:28 pm

8. I love this. I can’t stand when people automatically dismiss their day at 7am for being bad. I always say “shoot, if this is a sign, it’s only going to get better from here.” People need to laugh more and look at the positives instead of whining.

Oh dear Lord, my ear is hurting me again, waa waaa… 😉

Marni