What I’m Thankful For

Today is Thanksgiving Day, for those of you outside the US.  In the spirit of Thanksgiving, here is what I’m thankful for.  Wow, can I really cram all that into a blog post?  I don’t think I could do any of the people I need to thank adequate justice, but I will try.

I’m thankful for the teachers, doctors, and therapists who dedicate their professional lives to helping my children and those like them.

I’m thankful for those of our family and friends who have taken the time to learn about how to better interact with Pudding, and persist in connecting with her as difficult as that might be at times.

I’m thankful for the incredible kindness and generosity certain people have shown us lately- you know who you are!

I’m thankful for those who love and accept Pudding as she is.

I’m thankful for my husband who does everything for us, and who doesn’t back out when he returns home in the evening and sees the crazy that is waiting for him inside.

I’m thankful for my kids, who fill my heart, and make me try harder every day.

I’m thankful for this wonderful community I’ve found online.  I have virtual shoulders to cry on, and new friends to laugh with.  You’re amazing, and it is a privilege to walk this path with you.

I’m thankful for those who get it.

I’m thankful for Skype.  It kept me connected to my long-distance boyfriend until marriage, my husband in a war zone, and my parents on another continent.  It has allowed me to meet my niece and nephew.  It is one thing to talk to someone, and another wonderful thing entirely to see them in real time.  I mean it when I say I can’t imagine living this life without it.

I’m thankful that this holiday is not a UK tradition, so I can legitimately delegate all responsibility for it to my husband.

I’m thankful to whoever posted a gluten-free play dough recipe, which gave me the precious time to write this.

Last of all, I’m thankful to you for reading this.  Thank you for caring enough to read my ramblings these last few months.

November 25, 2010 at 9:01 am

1. and I’m thankful for you! Happy Turkey day. Sit back and relax!

November 25, 2010 at 9:05 am

• Calling a pyjama morning. Happy Thanksgiving Day- hope the drive was better than expected!

November 25, 2010 at 10:40 am

2. found you through Alysia and am so thankful I did. Happy Turkey Day from another warrior mom:)

sheila

November 25, 2010 at 9:12 am

3. Happy Thanksgiving. I’m glad to be part of your community of SN momma warriors and friends.

Varda (SquashedMom)

November 25, 2010 at 9:59 am

4. Happy Thanksgiving from a slightly depressing departure lounge in an eatern bloc airport. Your post perked me up x

courtney

November 25, 2010 at 12:24 pm

• I give you a couple of hours until your partying with some Ukranians! Show them how to celebrate Courtney-style.

November 25, 2010 at 12:44 pm

5. Happy Thanksgiving! Wonderful post.

Becky

November 25, 2010 at 12:54 pm

6. Your a blessing to us.

Grandpa

November 26, 2010 at 10:12 am

7. What a wonderful list! It reminds me a little of the one I posted on my blog a few days ago, but yours is more eloquent and deep-thoughtting than mine. 😉 I’m hoping that next year I can include in my thanks a wonderful online community like you have found, I really need the support. If you read my blog and like it or know someone that might relate to me, please pass it on. Best wishes and happy travels,
    Daleth