Round and round

The theme of the moment is going round in circles.  Pudding is really enjoying riding the roller coasters at the theme parks.  She is proving quite the daredevil, and the minute she gets off she asks to do it again.

We’re also going round in circles with conversation.  She has a thing about asking questions she knows the answer to repetitively.  She seems to have a real need to know that my response will always be the same.  Sometimes I get playful to get a conversation with her.  Sometimes, tiredness brings out my petulant side and I refuse to cooperate.

Pudding holds her Ernie (of Sesame Street fame) doll right up in my face.

Pudding: Who’s that?

Me: I’m not telling you who it is Pudding, you know who it is. This is endless.

Pudding: It’s not endless.  It’s Ernie.

How is it that every time I get fed up, she finds a way to pull me back in?  I suppose I’d better just sit back and enjoy the ride, even if going round and round makes me dizzy sometimes.

December 8, 2010 at 9:11 am

1. enjoy the ride, as you know it lasts for a while:)

sheila

December 8, 2010 at 9:12 am

2. You are such an awesome mom. You amaze me.

Becky

December 8, 2010 at 9:19 am

• Oh no, really not. We’ve only had Ernie in our lives for a week, and I already have had enough of telling her who it is!

December 8, 2010 at 9:27 am

3. I love it. and bravo to you for doing the rollercoaster. I’m a wimp and send my husband. My son (who last year was too small for the coasters) went on them 10 times in a row. Maybe it’s the motion? whatever it was, it gave me time to have a soda 🙂 Glad you’re enjoying your trip 🙂

December 8, 2010 at 9:33 am

4. Pudding reminds me so much of my Julia when she was that age! How precious. And it’s true. We get fed up and say we’re done, and then they pull us back in. It’s exhausting and wonderful. Glad you’re having a good time.

December 8, 2010 at 9:38 am

5. Lovely post, pudding is just so cute. xx

alienhippy

December 8, 2010 at 10:46 am

6. I know how you feel! But for now, just enjoy the ride!!

Joeysmommy

December 8, 2010 at 10:55 am

7. “Endless” and “Round and Round” are perfect descriptions of most of my conversations with my son. Yet, somehow, he always manges to suck me back into them.

Big Daddy

December 8, 2010 at 6:03 pm

8. Ah, repetitive questioning. It’s so grand. My daughter is nearly 6 1/2 and still does this, so (and I say this in the most supporting and loving way possible) get used to it. 🙂

Here’s a post I wrote about this very topic a couple of months ago. http://goodfountain.wordpress.com/2010/10/05/say-what/

goodfountain

December 9, 2010 at 9:50 pm

9. Ha ha ha! WIth my son, it was this:
    -Mommy, why do bees sting people?
    -Because bees are scared of people.
    -Why are they scared of people?
    -Because people kill bees.
    -Why do people kill bees?
    -Because bees sting people.

[[[SEE????]]]

He knew the routine. It didn’t matter what I did or what else I said, I HAD to do the routine. That never ended. And yes, he did this routine for NEARLY 9 MONTHS. Once, I was in a grocery store, and I totally lost my cool. He says, “Mommy, why do bees sting people?” and I say very VERY loudly and meanly, “I DON’T WANT TO HEAR ABOUT THE BEES ANYMORE!!!!!”

You should have seen the NASTY looks I got. Oooops! I was only 22, and had a lot to learn about patience. But the 9 months had really gotten under my skin. But, You wouldn’t thought by the looks that I had just told him that I had killed santa claus or something… 🙂

Grins and Good luck,
    Daleth

visionofautism

December 15, 2010 at 1:03 am

10. […] remember the last time I spent an entire year in the same country.  Sometimes we were going round and round in circles.  In every sense, this year was about being […]