Fashionista, revisited

You must admit, she wears it well.

Earlier this week I reposted my Fashionista post, for an activity at The King and I, where a group of bloggers shared their first ever posts.  For some people, they’d been writing for some time and lots has changed since that first post, but I only started blogging in July, so not much has changed for me.  I still write most of the time about a girl I call Pudding, and she still likes to wear dresses, most of the time.  She particularly likes wearing nightgowns to bed, and has been known to hold her most epic meltdowns over this issue.

We came back from Florida and it was noticeably colder than when we left.  Below freezing cold.  Snow on the ground cold.  Cold to me, and I’m from the north of England, cold.  Cold, then.  Nightdresses aren’t such a good idea.  They were fine in Florida, but when we got back, it was time to take a stand, I said.  We put pyjamas on her.  She got angry.  She told us she didn’t want to wear them, she wanted to wear a nightgown.  We stood firm.

Then, she did it.  By herself, she came up with a solution.  She asked to wear her nightgown on top. Okay, we said.  A compromise.    A negotiation where both sides work together to get what they want.  A taste of what the future might hold for us.  Pudding joining our team, instead of fighting us.  I like it a lot.

And wouldn’t you know?  She rocked that look!  It kind of makes me want to do it as well.  You’ll be seeing this look again, people, but remember where it all began.  A fashionista then, and a fashionista now.  The more she changes, the more she stays the same.

December 23, 2010 at 7:06 am

1. Thanks for your comment. Your little ones are just adorable. I enjoyed reading your Disney posts. We are heading there soon and I love hearing again and again just how magical it is for everyone who goes. I’m especially glad to hear about them making accommodations where needed.

Linsey

December 23, 2010 at 8:25 am

2. It’s the perfect solution! Both of my daughters rock the nightgown over pajamas look nearly every day!

goodfountain

December 23, 2010 at 8:34 am

• Oh, I thought she was trend-setting! Oh well, she can join your girls in their awesome fashion statement. 🙂

December 23, 2010 at 10:14 am

3. It’s SO awesome when they start problem solving instead of fit pitching! Isn’t it? Coleman’s not as good at it as Julia is, but I’ll never forget the day Julia first compromised with us. 🙂

Congrats, and Merry Christmas!!!!

December 23, 2010 at 8:59 am

• I’m looking at it as more of a one-off, but if it happens again I’ll be delighted. She must get the diplomacy from her father, which I guess leaves fit pitching from me!
      Merry Christmas to you all too! 🙂

December 23, 2010 at 10:16 am

4. I love Pudding!! She’s really a girl’s girl!! I’m sure her newly found negotiation skills will be put to good use!! Hope you all have a very Merry Christmas!

joeysmommy

December 23, 2010 at 9:20 am

• She sure is. And Cubby is a man’s man. Very funny that these gender roles come out so young. Merry Christmas to you and your family too! 🙂

December 23, 2010 at 10:18 am

5. I love her negotiation skills. I could use her in our house! (plus I need someone to help me with my fashion sense)

December 23, 2010 at 1:56 pm

6. My daughter is obsessed with nightgowns too. She wears one every night. I actually have found long sleeved fleece nightgowns that come down to mid shin and then she wears knees socks to bed with them. Sometimes if it’s really cold she wears pj bottoms under it, but most nights the fleece nightgowns with the knee socks are plenty warm enough and we live on the east coast.
    Natalie

Natalie

December 25, 2010 at 9:44 pm

7. Fashionable AND practical. I like it.

courtney

December 28, 2010 at 10:01 am

8. Lanz of Austria makes lovely flannel nighties for little girls.

Sally