Making Changes

You may have noticed my new look.  My birthday is next week, and Spectrummy Daddy asked what he could get for me.  All of my other suggestions were preposterous, so he granted my wish of my very own domain name.  From now on, I can be found at spectrummymummy.com like a real website!  Old links should still redirect (I hope) but please let me know if you have any problems accessing any content and I’ll do my best to find someone with the time who can fix it.

Apart from a new coat of paint, everything remains the same.  As we get closer to moving, I’m working to get as many things as I can into order.  Unfortunately, my kids are intent on creating as much disorder as they can.  Spring Break and the lack of routine has taken its toll on us.  Pudding’s sleeping gets worse, and I’m struggling to find the energy to do everything I need to at the moment.  I need to make changes there too.

Speaking of paint, one of the casualties of last week was this house we are renting.  Cubby has discovered the joy of writing on walls.  Pudding also went through this phase up until about a year ago.  She was compulsive in her need to spread her art, but eventually we convinced her to only draw on paper.  She has taken up the activity again with a passion.  We are witnessing the evolution of her lying skills, as I catch her in the act and she blames her brother.  There is no sophistication yet to her subterfuge, but she is getting plenty of practice.  I’m sure with the dedication she puts her into her efforts that she will master the art before too long.  We only buy washable crayons and markers, but between them they manage to find more permanent instruments of destruction.  It looks like painting will be our only option, if I ever can find time alone to do that.

Every single day for the next three weeks contains an appointment.  Things I couldn’t schedule with both kids around that I need to attend to now.  Spectrummy Daddy mused that they call it Spring Break because that is what it does to the parents.  As we struggle in the aftermath to restore some order, I can’t help but agree.  It might be a few more weeks before our house is back in harmony, but not all changes have to be bad.

I hope you like the new site – the only thing this control freak can get to have her way!

April 26, 2011 at 7:27 am

1. Oh WOW!
    Happy Birthday!
    It’s really bad that I hadn’t noticed the domain change OR your birthday *slaps forehead*
    LOVE IT! I hope the busyness of this next week goes as smoothly as possible for you all xx

Fi (Wonderfully Wired Mum)

April 26, 2011 at 7:35 am

• Oh no, my birthday isn’t until Monday. We didn’t think it would be so easy to change, but it did it immediately. I get to enjoy my birthday for a few extra days- why should only the kids get to do that?!

April 26, 2011 at 8:35 am

2. It will all get back to “normal” – it always does somehow! Love the new site, great birthday present from your hubby!! Happy Birthday to you as well!!

Anonymous

April 26, 2011 at 7:48 am

3. Good luck. Nice birthday present.

asd2mom

April 26, 2011 at 7:56 am

4. Love the new look. Congrats!

April 26, 2011 at 8:24 am

5. Your site is easy on the eyes and looks orderly 🙂

C...

April 26, 2011 at 8:32 am

6. Nice look to the site! Happy birthday! We are going through the getting ready to move with kids mess too. I think my husband is ready to send us all home early or to a hotel so he can get stuff done. (Like painting.) Hang in there! I hope getting off break is helpful.

smallbitsfs

April 26, 2011 at 9:46 am

7. Ahhh paint…I know it well. I spent 2 days standing on a wobbly kitchen chair painting our rental, while I was 7.5 months pregnant with my little Jonas. Lucky I painted when I did because the day before moving to out bigger, closer to the the beach pad in Cali (not the 3,000 mile one to MA, no that was 2 years later), I fell down a flight of stairs and broke my leg. That sucked! Really sucked. I cried for several months. Nothing like a broken leg, zippy hormones, and an expanding pregnant belly to put a damper on that pregnancy glow. Anyhow, I hope that you enjoy the final days of prep before your BIG move. And please don’t do what I did and skip the primer because it is only a rental and who cares. It was an amateur mistake that I won’t be making again. 🙂

Aimee Velazquez

April 26, 2011 at 10:47 am

8. Love the new look. And happy birthday!

I agree with your husband: school breaks definitely break the parents. Good luck with your painting!

Patty

April 26, 2011 at 10:31 pm

9. It really does look nice and posh here on your new blog home, I hope your birthday next week is a very happy one!
    I really hope things are smooth for you over the next few weeks as you get everything done. It sounds exhausting just reading it!
    May you be blessed with great weather, great health, and easy travelling.
    🙂

dq74

April 27, 2011 at 2:52 am

10. I love the new look!!! That is the most awsome birthday present ever, happy birthday!!!

Lizbeth