Wordless Wednesday 11 May 11

Funprint book + washable ink

Pudding provides the thumbprints

I add the details

And write the word next to it.

Pudding learns to spell the word.

We see if she can write the word the next time.

Look at all these lovely feelings!

Using Pudding’s love of art (and a visual/tactile/proprioceptive method) to help her to learn.

Happy Wordless Wednesday everybody!

1. What a wonderful idea!

2. That is such an AWESOME idea!! I think I’m going to have use it!! Thanks!!

joeysmommy

May 11, 2011 at 7:55 am

3. Great post and great ideas. Thanks for sharing!

Meryl

May 11, 2011 at 8:13 am

4. Gosh you’re so smart. Well done. 🙂

May 11, 2011 at 8:37 am

5. Thank you for this one! This looks like a great idea! Fun for child and mom!! 🙂

Karen V.

May 11, 2011 at 9:17 am

6. What a great idea! Pudding learns and has fun at the same time, too, such fun!

7. This is such an awesome idea. I think I am going to try it out with B.

Robin

May 11, 2011 at 9:44 am

8. Ed Emberley is awesome! My mom found one of our old Emberley books this winter and she and my daughters and I had some fun drawing farm animals from it. I remember that Funprint book, too, from growing up… I might just need to get a new copy. Great idea for incorporating the spelling & letter practice with it!

Kai ~ thecatinthetree

May 11, 2011 at 1:13 pm

9. That looks like so much fun!!

Can I ask you though, are the feelings part of the same book? We’re working on emotions right now and would love any help I can get!

Thanks–L

Lizbeth

May 11, 2011 at 2:24 pm

• They are. We just found this book in a closing down sale, but I think it is two separate ones in one volume, so make sure you get the same one.

May 11, 2011 at 2:34 pm

10. I just LOVE finger painting and both my kids did too. Special interests are ALWAYS the way to go with us Aspies…Well done you!
    **Big smiles coming from England.
    Love and hugs.
    Lisa. xx 🙂

alienhippy

May 11, 2011 at 2:26 pm

11. I love this! That’s a great new idea to add to my repertoire, thank you!!

Flannery