Wordless Wednesday 21 Sep 11

What, your bathroom isn't like this?

Housing abroad is frequently quirky.  Our current home is the quirkiest I’ve yet seen though.  Take our downstairs bathroom.  Here we have a small enclosed tree with the branches cut off.  The top is secured- a perfect  place for keeping your pet monkey.  Because who wouldn’t want to shower with their pet monkey watching them?

I’m scratching my head as to what to make of this area if you don’t have a pet monkey.  A friend suggested keeping the troublesome twosome out there during Time Out.  Perfect.  You see, if they got dirty playing the plants, they could shower off as they came back indoors….

September 21, 2011 at 11:12 am

1. My monkey doesn’t even HAVE a crown-cropped tree. He has to hang from the shower nozzle while I shower. South Africa is very progressive in their monkey amenities.

Jim W

September 21, 2011 at 11:53 am

• Your poor deprived monkey, I feel bad for him.

September 21, 2011 at 1:23 pm

• it makes him strong, not like your milk-fed, effete, South African house monkeys.

Jim W

September 21, 2011 at 1:57 pm

2. Oh I love it…I would SO love a pet monkey. I think I’d keep a parrot out there, parrots love showering.
    Happy Wordless Wednesday. Love and hugs. xx 🙂

alienhippy

September 21, 2011 at 12:08 pm

• It would work very well for a parrot too. But then I’d have the parrot repeating the kids repeating each other!

September 21, 2011 at 1:25 pm

3. My guess is it’s caged for security purposes. That being said, I vote for a pet monkey.

Amy

September 21, 2011 at 2:20 pm

4. too funny…. don’t really even know what to say about that!!

Joeysmommy

September 21, 2011 at 4:54 pm

5. Wait. There is no curtain or set of shower doors separating the shower from the rest of the bathroom. Excuse mah ‘merican ignorance, but how do you not get your shower completely sopping wet? I can’t keep my bathroom dry with my current array of no fewer than 3 – THREE – shower curtains! Inquiring minds…

-Kelly