Swimming in the Rain

I like the weather here.  It is warm, intense, and dramatic- just like Pudding.  On Sunday we were in the pool, as we have been most days since she started to swim.  After some time, Cubby tired and Daddy took him upstairs for a nap.  We stayed in the pool, and after a little while, the weather suddenly changed, as it is wont to do here.  The blue skies turned grey.  There was a good chance there would be a storm, as there are most days here in the summer.  The African Storm is much more ferocious than any I’ve witnessed before, but they tend to blow over quite quickly.

It takes pretty dramatic weather to get Pudding out of the pool.  In fact, even with loud claps of thunder, and lightning illuminating the sky, Pudding would just keep wallowing in the pool if I didn’t reinforce bribe her to get out of there.  I felt the first drops of rain, and mentioned this to Pudding.  She wasn’t buying it.

Me: Yes, look, it is raining now.

Pudding: No!  No!  Not raining yet!

The drops get bigger, until she can no longer deny it.

Pudding: Look, Mummy, look at the rain on the pool.

Me: Yes, shall we get out now?

Pudding: No.  Mummy, we need a [sic] umbrella!

January 16, 2012 at 3:25 pm

1. Love it! What’s a little more water, right?

January 16, 2012 at 3:32 pm

2. I wish right about now I was in Africa!! I’d take some rain in the pool over this freezing New Jersey temperature!! Aside from the lighting, I always loved swimming in the rain, seems foolish to get out of the water because water is now falling from the sky!! You see, Pudding has a point!!!! Smart, smart girl!!

Joeysmommy

January 16, 2012 at 3:33 pm

3. Well, as long as there’s no lightning, what’s the worst thing that can happen. . . she gets wet?

blogginglily

January 16, 2012 at 4:19 pm

4. Oh boy, is it cold here in Canada. We have to go to the local rec centre if we want to go swimming. I wish it was summer time.

Jim Reeve